Create Account

SHN: SHL Mega Redraft - Day 8 (Rounds 18/19/20)

[Image: SHN_Red_darkgrey_wordmark.png]

SHN: SHL Mega ReDraft

Welcome to Day 8 of the SHN’s SHL Redraft.

Sorry for the delay, people have lives outside the SHL apparently. Without further adieu, here are Rounds 18, 19, and 20!

For reference, check back to this article for a rule summary -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114508.
Rounds 1 and 2 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114536
Rounds 3 and 4 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114541
Rounds 5 and 6 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114554
Rounds 7 and 8 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114572
Rounds 9, 10, and 11 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114582
Rounds 12, 13, and 14 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114615
Rounds 15, 16, and 17 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114635
Full team breakdowns -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114542

Round 18
Round 18, Pick 273: Team SDCore
Selection: D - David Vent
Reasoning: Regression filler D man, who has some good FHM experience. Shiny is cool and Vent can fit a few different roles, though he might quickly age out of the roster

Round 18, Pick 274: Team Boom
Selection: F - Simon Takshak
Reasoning: e

Round 18, Pick 275: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Alexei Rykov
Reasoning: Back to back wingers for myself. Rykov will most likely sit on my third line to start out with. But with time they should find themselves craking the top line up.

Round 18, Pick 276: Team Puff
Selection: F - James Truong
Reasoning: Similar to Gallagher, Truong has the ability to be deployed either offensively or defensively, except he prefers to use brains over brawn and a clever stick in defense. Given some of the other third lines in this redraft, Truong should prove to be an advantage.

Round 18, Pick 277: Team Arkz
Selection: P - Valtterri Kauppinen
Reasoning: In the Juniors, this guy is a consistent presence in the MVP discussion. He'se got a nose for the goal and can put up points as needed. Only a matter of time before he starts seeing top-6 minutes on the ice.

Round 18, Pick 278: Team Nham
Selection: F - Maxime Bouchard
Reasoning: My primary choice in picking Bouchard despite them getting up there in age is they’ll be a more than solid contributor as the prospects grow and fill out before taking over. It’s not only that but both their contributions to the site as former Head Banker and generally laid back outlook keeps things light and people having fun regardless of the results.

Round 18, Pick 279: Team Luke
Selection: F - Bale
Reasoning: This is one of the 3rd liners that I mentioned about, he has enough TPE to be good, a S51 player so he is still a couple seasons away from regression, but is replaceable when the time is right

Round 18, Pick 280: Team Fae
Selection: City - Vancouver
Reasoning: Vancouver is a great hockey city

Round 18, Pick 281: Team Jeff
Selection: F - James Kimanje
Reasoning: Laser is another solid pickup here in my eyes as we have GMed a team together in the past and he’s pretty active on site and in the LR. He may not be the greatest earner but he is someone who will probably be active until regression and that in itself is valuable.

Round 18, Pick 282: Team JY
Selection: P - Gregory Goode
Reasoning: He was 2nd overall in S58 and someone I know very well and have always loved as a person, Keenan is incredible and I know is going to be a dominant force in the league down the line so it only makes sense to get him now and prepare for Doskocil's eventual end.

Round 18, Pick 283: Team Reid
Selection: F - Carlos Brown
Reasoning: As the picks wound down, I needed to find myself some third line forwards, preferably some that could be around for a while. In this regard, I saw a S53 forward, Brown, who is just about at 1K TPE. That is more than enough to make a solid player, so I took Brown to slot into the bottom line in perpetuity. Even if he is not the highest earning player, 1K-1.2K at a peak is pretty good, and can last me until at least his regression, which gives me 4-5 seasons before I would need to replace him with a prospect.

Round 18, Pick 284: Team Muted
Selection: F - Frederick Wanesly
Reasoning: Not the biggest earning S53, mostly because he went IA at some point. However, when Fred is in your lockerroom all is well. He's a great guy, who makes amazig bread (I haven't actually tasted it, but the pictures look VERY yummy). And we all need more bread.

Round 18, Pick 285: Team Gabe
Selection: D - Slimey Snail
Reasoning: Bagel is a guy I've known for a while, and even though he isn't a max earner he's a great Discord presence who will still make a good long term bottom pair dman. :snail:

Round 18, Pick 286: Team Sve7en
Selection: F - Patrick Shepherd
Reasoning: Mid earners have inherent value in their ability to fit into a cup running roster at reasonable prices and Cobb is a bit of a reach but provides good upside if his earning ever picks up again and at minimum gives me a reliable 3C that is down to support the team in a similar way to Thomason.

Round 18, Pick 287: Team Fishy
Selection: D - Jed Mosley Jr
Reasoning: Jed Mosley was in my opinion the best young player left, and with him on the board, I made the decision to switch Zheng from D to F. It weakens my D sure, but with a young D group of Lazer, MAS, Kya, Withecheck, and now Jed Mosley, the future is bright.

Round 18, Pick 288: Team Sparky
Selection: G - Thor Odinson
Reasoning: Thor.... he is #MyGoalie I got him and Jobin the two Detroit Falcons goalies I have played with my time in Junior Hockey. Thor is a perfect goalie, he is great guy to talk to in the Locker Room and he is great goalie to have on your team.

Biggest Surprise:

Shuff: Thor Odinson to Sparky at 288. I feel like Odinson to back up Jobin is an odd call. Do you really need a backup goalie over a third line winger? Maybe. I would’ve considered prospects here.

Fishy: Agree with Shuff, not sure I love the Thor pick as his earnings have fallen off, he struggled this past season on a Seattle team with a good defence.

Reid - Bale to luke. Bale is IA and has bounced around a little bit. He has an extremely offensive build for a sub 1K forward, which is never a good sign for a third liner. Given the other forwards that went off the board this round - Brown, Kimanje, Wansely, Shepherd - Luke could have gotten an equally young forward who was at least semi active, and in many cases, had a better build than Bale.

Biggest Steal:

Shuff: Simon Takshak to boom at 274. Takshak is a bit low TPE wise, but Geck is a locker room God. e.

Fishy: Jeffie getting Laser here. Laser took his first season off pretty much, but since then has come close to pretty much max earning, and has turned into a valuable depth piece in Winnipeg. He's someone I would've taken at my pick had he continued to fall. Laser's also a great locker room presence, and is a great add. I can't lie, the LR Jeff has built is somewhere I'd love to spend my time.

Reid: James Truong to puff. Getting a 1500 TPE forward, even if he is deep into regression is a win this late in the game. Bouchard is also in this category, but as he is one season older, I am going to call Truong the steal.

ROUND 19

Round 19, Pick 289: Team Sparky
Selection: F - Jmac NCheese
Reasoning:

Round 19, Pick 290: Team Fishy
Selection: D - Brady McIntyre
Reasoning: Wasn't in love with anyone here on the board, so went with BPA in terms of TPE. Cal can be a good second or third pairing depth option while Kya and Withecheck spend their final season in the Js, and then can be flipped as a serviceable depth option for other defence needy teams.

Round 19, Pick 291: Team Sve7en
Selection: D - Perry Morgan
Reasoning: With so many D prospects I found myself needing stopgaps until they were ready for the SHL level. Morgan will give me seasons over 1k until the new guard is in place.

Round 19, Pick 292: Team Gabe
Selection: G - Nicolae Antonescu
Reasoning: Rancidbudgie on his return has been really active, and his TPE gets him to the level of a top SHL goalie around the time when the players in front of him are also peaking.

Round 19, Pick 293: Team Muted
Selection: P - Jon St. Ark
Reasoning: Tegernako is not gonna last forever, so why not draft one of the top earning young goalies out there. St Ark is right around the top of his class in S57, and will no doubt be a challenger for that starting goalie spot in the not very far future.

Round 19, Pick 294: Team Reid
Selection: P - Mat Smith
Reasoning: With a lot of the high TPE goalies already off the board, and two younger goalies going right before me, I needed a goalie for the future. I saw Smith was still available, and pounced immediately. My plan was to take Smith, and then draft a regressing starter in a later round that could hold the fort down until Smith graduates. The user, Matteo, is an awesome person, and a great add to the LR. For the players part, Smith is a top 15 or so S56 earner, so I am getting a prospect that will be able to step into a starting role in a season or two, especially considering how strong my defense is turning out to be.

Round 19, Pick 295: Team JY
Selection: P - Dogwood Maple
Reasoning: Dogwood was my #2 in the S58 draft after Teddy, and I can't believe the value in getting him here now. He's an incredible person, super outgoing and friendly and I think will be majorly impactful on the locker room while also being perfectly in line to replace Muerto in the long term.

Round 19, Pick 296: Team Jeff
Selection: P - Ruggs McOoooh
Reasoning: Although I may not know Ruggs, I’ve heard many many great things about them and they seem like a steal here considering they’ve always been considered a top prospect. A very straightforward pick here and one I’ll happily make everyday.

Round 19, Pick 297: Team Fae
Selection: D - DeMaricus Smyth
Reasoning: Smyth will play on my 3rd pair for a couple seasons while the prospects develop

Round 19, Pick 298: Team Luke
Selection: D - Prince Devitt
Reasoning: He is like the Bale of Defenseman for me, but is older, so needs to get replaced sooner than later. He can play well on the 3rd pairing.

Round 19, Pick 299: Team Nham
Selection: P - Noel Blanchet
Reasoning: Looking forward to some of the top young prospects available, JT3 stood out as a player and user that I knew I could rely on to be a mainstay on and off the ice. It might be a while before he reaches his potential but both the floor and ceiling are incredibly high.

Round 19, Pick 300: Team Arkz
Selection: P - Daud Ramza
Reasoning: Earns well and the user, Blasoon, is great as well. Not entirely sure what this player will turn into, but the building blocks are there and the user has the right attitude for any team.

Round 19, Pick 301: Team Puff
Selection: P - Kermit Murphy
Reasoning: A gamble here, Murphy has potential to be a great bruising power forward in the future.

Round 19, Pick 302: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Stan Q. Next
Reasoning: Another QCC teammate. A great player and a good fit for the LR.

Round 19, Pick 303: Team Boom
Selection: City - New England
Reasoning: The Northeast is a rabid hockey market, and even as a diehard Canucks fan it was hard to pass up the location + uniform combo I went with. Let's just pretend they're in Hartford, even though I think the SHL's New England team is in Boston.

Round 19, Pick 304: Team SDCore
Selection: City - Newfoundland
Reasoning:I’m an Islander, I am an Islander. Welcome to the Rock… This is Newfoundland. Yea, I homered the shit out of this pick.

Biggest Surprise:

Shuff: Boom picking New England at 303. I know boom is a west coast guy, when Vancouver went off the board at 280 (IMO that’s the second biggest steal of round 18), I kinda figured boom would settle for Seattle.

Fishy: Corey taking Newfoundland. What an absolute shocker. Totally surprised. Didn't see this one coming. At all.

Reid: JMac going to Sparky. Jmac has Detroit ties, which is why I assume Sparky took him. When he was around, he was a very positive LR presence, so that makes sense. Unfortunately JMac has not been active for several seasons, which really hurts the pick here, as he is not that high TPE for an IA F.

Biggest Steal:

Shuff: Dogwood Maple to JY at 295. Maple is a solid 10th in TPE in 58, and has scored quite a bit.

Fishy: Honestly, it's a huge risk, but having shared other locker rooms' with Blasoon, Arkz has the potential here to walk around with a max earning, hugely beneficial locker room presence. Blas is a great guy and am happy to have been able to share other locker rooms with him.

Reid: I like where Shuff is at with the Dogwood Maple pick, but I am going with Kermit Murphy. Tig is a great LR person, we all know that, so getting him as a prospect is a pretty big win. It is a little weird to call S58 players a steal, as they are still babies, but Tig is about as surefire a bet as you can have to build a good player.

ROUND 20

Round 20, Pick 305: Team SDCore
Selection: Branding - Berserkers
Reasoning: Wait I choose the brand I helped design and create… Shocking...

Round 20, Pick 306: Team Boom
Selection: Branding - Whalers
Reasoning: Best jerseys and goal song in NHL history. I didn't discover until after I made the New England pick that Hartford had actually had a team a while back, but it was their WHA name so whatever.

Round 20, Pick 307: Team Hordle
Selection: GM - Keygan
Reasoning: KEYGAN! Keygan is the only GM I recognize at this point lol. But Keygan’s great.

Round 20, Pick 308: Team Puff
Selection: G - Peter Ramsey
Reasoning: Harry Carpet won't stay young forever, and Ramsey will make for a good backup and eventual successor to him.

Round 20, Pick 309: Team Arkz
Selection: P - Dane von Gucci
Reasoning: One of the top earners in the S59 class and with an experienced user, its going to take a little while for Gucci to find the ice but probably faster than anyone else in his class.

Round 20, Pick 310: Team Nham
Selection: P - Jimmy Jimmy
Reasoning: Gumba is one of those rare first gen users that immediately take the site and their activity is felt by everybody who interacts with them even if for a brief moment. Without any history in place it’s impossible to say with certainty that they’ll be one to stay for a long time but so far they’ve shown a great deal of involvement in various areas from management to being a top earner in their class despite being a late create. A great young piece for the future corps.

Round 20, Pick 311: Team Luke
Selection: G - White Goodman
Reasoning: The goalie I needed. I purposely didnt pick a goalie until later, because of the volume of goalies I know I will get a good one, and Goodman is it and is young to carry the goalie position for a long time

Round 20, Pick 312: Team Fae
Selection: F - Steven Moyer
Reasoning: Moyer is a solid depth forward to help fill out the lineup a bit. He has the flexibility to fit into whatever role I need.

Round 20, Pick 313: Team Jeff
Selection: D - Bryce McMahon
Reasoning: Despite not being a great earner Moosey is someone who’s still active and will serve as a solid bottom pairing dman for a while.

Round 20, Pick 314: Team JY
Selection: P - Tomas Lind
Reasoning: Having drafted him in the S58 draft, I am acutely familiar with Canadice and know just how great of a person he is. He immediately made an impact in Manhattan, and honestly to me is one of the best prospects to come from the S58 draft and perfectly placed for a Cloutier replacement.

Round 20, Pick 315: Team Reid
Selection: P - Matty Sandeen
Reasoning: I wanted to fill up my prospect pool, and with only one spot left, chose who I thought was the best prospect still available. Sandeen was a high Manhattan draft pick in the S57 draft, and will be a perfect complement to my young D core. He is young enough that he can wait for Horvat to retire or be moved, and take his place. It also solidifies my D core, which is high earning and tightly packed. Imagine a S62ish season where I have Owens-Scianna, Bjerg-Park, Petrov-Sandeen where the TPE is 2k-2k, 1.7k-1.6k, 1.5k-1.2k. Lethal.

Round 20, Pick 316: Team Muted
Selection: P - Luukas Lilja
Reasoning: Finnish-turned-Swiss prospect Luukas Lilja is right around the top 10 mark in the S57 class. He's a good lockerroom presence, and will no doubt be ready to step up and take his spot on the team to take over from the older defensemen.

Round 20, Pick 317: Team Gabe
Selection: D - Elwulf Jericson
Reasoning: Jericson rounds out the youth movement of our defense, and like Bagel he isn't a max earner, but he's a nice guy who will at the very least make a good bottom pairing option.

Round 20, Pick 318: Team Sve7en
Selection: P - Grape Fruit
Reasoning: Groot is quietly a top 15 guy in his class, has updater money, and has been a reliable presence on both Carolina and Los Angeles. Specifically I had older forwards I wanted to play for a season or two before Canes would make the jump, but could have probably aimed even younger on my last prospect.

Round 20, Pick 319: Team Fishy
Selection: G - Samat Beibitzhanov
Reasoning: Duff has been rock solid this year with Atlanta, and was the best remaining young goalie on the board, coming in just shy of 1200 TPE. Getting him 319th overall is absurd, especially with lesser quality goalies like Goodman and Ramsey going earlier this round.

Round 20, Pick 320: Team Sparky
Selection: City - St. Louis
Reasoning: Someone took Detroit.... so I did the biggest meme EVER!! I would like to present the St. Louis.....!

Biggest Surprise:

Shuff: Boom not knowing that the New England Whalers existed. Other than that I like most of the picks here. Maybe Ramsay being picked to be a backup.

Fishy: Puff taking Hoovuh here. Hoov could be a great locker room presence, and played well enough as he was forced into Edmonton's starter role, but I think Puff could've used this pick to shore up his defence rather than the backup goalie role. With a goalie like Carpy, you want them playing as much as possible.

Fishy Part 2: Hahahha wow! Corey also took the Berserkers! Damnnnnnnn, surprise of the draft!

Reid - Corey taking the Beserkers. BOOOOOO. Newfoundland Beserkers. Lame af to recreate a real branding, cmon Corey.

Biggest Steal:

Shuff: White Goodman to Luke at 311. This is why I was calling out the early goalie picks. Luke here naps a S51 goalie at 1259 TPE in the 20th round.

Fishy: I think Shuff hit the nail on the head talking about goalies. I'm gonna talk about my pick here though. Duff is the 15th best goalie in terms of TPE. Not including prospect goalies that were picked before him, I took Duff as the 18th best goalie. Goalies around the similar age but less in TPE like Amundsen, Jobin, Odinson, etc. were taken much earlier than Duff for some reason.

Fishy Part 2: Gotta give shoutouts to Keygan here. He's been our biggest follower, and has shown the ability to keep Edmonton relevant even during horrendous cap fines. Good pick hordle, congrats keygan for finally getting drafted.

Reid: Samat Beibitzhanov to Fishy at the end of the round. 1150 TPE and in the S52 draft class, Fishy got himself a good option at goalie for several seasons. Duff should cap out in the 1300-1400 range max, and that is plenty to be an elite goalie in this league. Solid pickup.

Tune in for the penultimate post tomorrow! Rounds 21, 22, and 23!

Quote:Note to graders:
Individual Word Counts:
TheSparkyDee - 100
Fishy - 950
Sve7en - 150
Gwdjohnson - 125
MutedFaith - 150
Reid - 650
JayWhy - 175
Jeffie43 - 125
Faelax - 50
Luketd - 125
Nhamlet - 225
Arkz - 125
RoastPuff - 100
Hordle - 75
Boom - 100
SDCore - 75
Shuff - 200

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

lmao somebody picked keygan

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Inb4 Keygan complai-waiiit...

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Be interesting to see which SHL roster has the most players drafted.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Shit now I’m not mr irrelevant

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Yoooooo @Keygan

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

@Weretarantula you excited to be C2 to my C1????

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

[Image: do3hw9dwbfa51.png]

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Keygan? Keygan.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 07:47 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Boooo I mean be realistic.. there are 800 tpe inactives now being picked over a sure fire future 2050-2200 tpe defence man with championship/ HOF pedigree..  it waters down the draft when you pick like that.

#A-Rye is officially opting out of this sham of a draft.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

03-24-2021, 07:41 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Boooo I mean be realistic.. there are 800 tpe inactives now being picked over a sure fire future 2050-2200 tpe defence man with championship/ HOF pedigree..  it waters down the draft when you pick like that.

The second version of #A-Rye would be drafted as a prospect and not a player. As teams need to make sure they have 6 defencemen that were on SHL rosters when we began this ReDraft, it makes sense some teams value filling out their depth chart rather than taking a swing on Izzy Jr

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 08:03 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-24-2021, 07:59 PMfishy Wrote:
03-24-2021, 07:41 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Boooo I mean be realistic.. there are 800 tpe inactives now being picked over a sure fire future 2050-2200 tpe defence man with championship/ HOF pedigree..  it waters down the draft when you pick like that.

The second version of #A-Rye would be drafted as a prospect and not a player. As teams need to make sure they have 6 defencemen that were on SHL rosters when we began this ReDraft, it makes sense some teams value filling out their depth chart rather than taking a swing on Izzy Jr

Ok no need to make sense here..

#Free-#A-Rye

Knights|Dragons|Austria

03-24-2021, 08:03 PMMike Izzy Wrote: #Free-#A-Rye

#freeJimmyWagner

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

03-24-2021, 08:08 PMsve7en Wrote:
03-24-2021, 08:03 PMMike Izzy Wrote: #Free-#A-Rye

#freeJimmyWagner

#Free-Wags!

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Does seven only know players that were in carolina?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]