Create Account

[2x Team Spotlight] New England Wolfpack draft numbers

Welcome to the 15th entry of the team of the week draft number articles. After this one 75% of the teams will be done. The team for this week is the New England Wolfpack. Once again for the rules see part 1 for the initial rules, and part 7 for the addition.

The New England Wolfpack have between S62 and S76 drafted 43 players, of these 43, 7 are not in the portal, and 8 were gotten through the  waiver wire. Separate from this 15 players don’t have their position in the portal.

Let’s start once again with the season these players were drafted in. This is really diverse for the Wolfpack, with 7 players drafted in S65, 5 players drafted in S63, and S64, 4 players in S74, 3 players in S67, S69, S73, 2 players in S66, S70, S71, S72, and S76, finally 1 player being drafted in S68. S75 saw 0 players drafted to the Wolfpack.
[Image: xd4Z4Rw.png]

Next up the round in which they were drafted to the SHL. This time there are only 4 rounds of SHL draft, with both the 1st and 2nd round having 16 players drafted. The 3rd round still sees 7 draftees, where the 4th round sees 3 draftees joining the Wolfpack. This is a bit different to what is commonly seen with there being more draftees in the later rounds, but not going as deep as other teams.
[Image: IFbCKGi.png]

Now to the positions of the draftees. First off the 43 players become 28 as we don’t know the position of 15 draftees. In this we see a big favoring of drafting defense, with 8 draftees being right defense, 7 being left defense. This is followed with 4 right wingers, and 4 left wingers. Finally we see 3 goalies and 2 centers being drafted.
[Image: GJsnFqg.png]

Next up, the junior round that the players got drafted in. This time we do have 5 rounds. But first we see the 43 players going down to 26 as 7 are not in the portal. And 8 were gotten from the waiver wire. This leaves the first round as the biggest with 9, then the 2nd round with 6, the 3rd round with 5, 4 for the 4th round, and 3 for the 5th round.
[Image: elQz1PF.png]

Then now onto the J-teams the players came from. The biggest minor league team was the Anchorage Armada with 6, this gets followed by the Kelowna Knights, Regina Elk, and Vancouver Whalers with 4 each. Then come a group of teams with 3, which includes the Detroit Falcons, and the  Newfoundland Berserkers. Then with 2 we have the Colorado Raptors, Maine Timber, and the Yukon Malamutes. Finally at last we have the Carolina Kraken, Great Falls Grizzlies, Nevada Battleborn, and Quebec City Citadelles with 1.
[Image: GQlSs9C.png]

And finally, the chaotic mess of all Junior teams to all SHL teams, this time with the New England Wolfpack added to make it even more chaotic then it already was.
[Image: Ko7KmXD.png]

And now I can officially say, 75% is done, and just 25% left.

[505 words]

Edmonton Blizzard (Contains Rules)
Manhattan Rage
Minnesota Monarchs
Buffalo Stampede
San Francisco Pride
Chicago Syndicate
Hamilton Steelhawks
Atlanta Inferno
Tampa Bay Barracuda
New Orleans Specters
Winnipeg Aurora
Seattle Argonauts
Baltimore Platoon
Toronto North Stars

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

I still like those messy charts at the end. Also I hope you're looking forward to the last weeks because you will have twice the work there (2x SHL teams).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

07-07-2024, 01:16 PMCarpy48 Wrote: I still like those messy charts at the end. Also I hope you're looking forward to the last weeks because you will have twice the work there (2x SHL teams).

This comment made me realize, last week already started with the double SHL teams, as I still had 5 to do Smile

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]