Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

Prompt 2

To be honest the season is going a little bit the way I expected it to go. Not the way I hoped, but expected. Our division is also exactly looking the way I thought it would look. We will sneak into the playoffs and then we will see, but I don't think any big trades would've helped us here. If we're really lucky we might win the first round, but I don't think we will have much luck after that. Right now things look very much like the Cup will go to one of the usual suspects (you know who you are), so I'm not even looking forward to the playoffs, because they will likely end in disappointment again anyway. As long as the league depends on the person who sets lines/tactics and not so much on your actual player, I don't think things will change much. Sorry if that sounds negative, but that's how I see things at the moment.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 11:06 AM by Ragnar.)

Well first and foremost I will talk about Anchorage, since I’m the GM there. I don’t know if that’s even allowed in a SHL PT? Basically we are a freight train. We are unstoppable.

Also there’s Buffalo, my SHL team. Basically we are a freight train. We are unstoppable. If somebody was like, “hey. Stop.” We wouldn’t be able to. Because we are really good. Bro, Harrington is on pace for a 100 point season. He has 88 points and there’s still like 12 games to go. Amazing. Chimkin Wing has 25+ less points than his two line mates, which seems impossible, but he is just that fucking bad at hockey. Doyle is the greatest goalie in the history of the SHL, mark my words, and eat shit if you don’t believe it. Basically what I am saying is that we are really, really good this season, and it’s going to suck when we inevitably play Hamilton in one of the playoff rounds and either get swept or lose the series 4-1.
Oh is this about moves? Neither team needs to make any. They just need to keep doing what they are doing and the wins will come… until Buffalo faces Hamilton.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

This season has been very exciting as a member of the Baltimore Platoon. We probably won't catch up to the Syndicate but we currently sit in second place in the league and I think we've been doing amazingly well. We don't have the most impressive GF/GA ratio but we score when we need to and win important matches by doing just enough. The fact that we can win even if we trail other teams in both categories gives me confidence for the end of the season and the playoffs beyond that. Our offense is spread among many players and it's a good sign I think. On a personal note, I'm disappointed I am not contributing as much as I'd like to the scoresheet but I've been improving defensively every season and I'm sure the rest will soon follow. I hope I can score more during the playoffs but if my job is just to block shots and it helps the Platoon win, I'm all for it.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Prompt 2
Nearing closer to the end of the season now, and I think Texas is in a good spot, but I'll be honest when I say I wish we were doing just a bit better. In the overall standings we sit 5th, and I feel there is a pretty big gap between 5th and 6th. It seems Chicago is just a cut above everyone else at the moment, and while I think Texas' squad is good enough to challenge for the Cup, it will obviously be difficult. If we have the opportunity to face Chicago, I think we can take them in a few games, but winning a 7 game series is just never easy. Now if we match up against any of the other contenders (Baltimore, Hamilton, Buffalo) I'd say over a 7 game series we will do very well. Getting another Cup is huge for me and I know we're getting close again. That being said, I think Chicago has the best lineup at the moment and the squad is just gelling. 

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

PROMPT 2

Patya am knowing ending of season coming much quickly. Patya am pretty okay playing lately but am right now much slumping. This make Patya many sads. Octopussy mans start losing games. This also make Patya many sads. Is okay though, since Patya am knowing Patya am become play better and octopussy mans am become play better too. Patya am thinking finish season in highest of league, thinking in one of number from first to third. Patya am see boatmans been playing much good towards end of season, and see angrybeardmans also many goods again, and see whales many goods. Patya am thinking this stay the same. Patya am have experience in league now and am knowing teams that be many goods for much times. Patya am not know much if octopussy mans need trading. Sometimes, Patya am thinking "WOWEE! TEAM MANY GOODS!" Other times, Patya am thinking "WOWEE! TEAM MANY BADS!" Is hard for Patya to tell. Patya am think management know best. Patya am knowing for octopussy mans play many goods in playoffs. Am not for having sweeping done by French team again. This happen for two times now and Patya am not let happen again! Patya am play hard! Patya am play fast! Patya am ready for anyone! Is Patya time!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Prompt 2

The Buffalo Stampede are having a wonderful season thus far, and we are hoping to continue that success with a deep playoff run. We are a couple points back of Baltimore for the number one seed in the Eastern conference, and we are also on a hot streak right now. I am hoping we can carry that into the playoffs and take advantage of the great momentum we have built up. As far as the trade deadline goes, I kind of wished we had made a move for a defensemen, but considering that no one did anything at the deadline, I am not surprised we stood pat. Regardless, I feel very good about our team. It looks like we are going to play the Toronto North Stars in the first round, which is a matchup I feel good about. The real test as always is going to be getting past Hamilton in the second round, but if we do, I feel like we have an incredibly good chance at taking home the cup.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Prompt 2:
Trade deadline! As an older player, i am no longer in Edmonton's long-term plans. My most recent contract expires essentially after each season, with all of the player and team options built in, and any trade clauses are absent (i had to rewrite that sentence a few times to make it make sense). Edmonton is still in the playoff hunt (and with the new layout who isn't? amirite?), but it looks like we could be drawing texas renegades or chicago syndicate in the first round, which would be very difficult.
I could see Boom and Minnesota selling me, karl, or pepperoni at the deadline for fresher blood. they've made some savvy moves so far and with regression about to turn this side of beef into jerky, my value is plummeting quickly. Tokolosh isn't the goal scorer or offensive producer that he used to be.
The Edmonton Blizzard are keeping alive the longest active playoff appearances streak, so I definitely want to keep that alive, but no one would blink twice if Edmonton chose now to moo-ve some of their older parts.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Prompt 1
Axel Foley gets it to Theo Kondos who sneaks it behind Harry Carpet for the GWG with less than a minute on the clock.
[Image: sVs3PY6.jpg]

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Buffalo is doing pretty well sitting 3rd in the league with 94 points. I think it will be tough to beat Chicago because they are so good right now. I can see a rematch of the S60 finals but with us losing to Chicago. Everyone else hardly matters right? Actually getting past Hamilton or even Baltimore will still be scary. I think there are a lot of really good teams out there right now and we have to face a lot of them. Theres always hope though we have the most goals for right now which means our offense including me is doing ok. We just need to be a little better defensively and we can take on anyone. I can't say I saw any of this from the start of the season but you can never really know. Hopefully we can finish out the season strong and have some momentum going into the postseason against apparently Toronto.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

WSBL

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 12:48 AM by visceralpotamus.)

While we are pretty much assured a playoff appearance, our recent VERY poor form will likely mean a matchup with a powerhouse in round one. We have 5 rookies on the team, and they are all putting in very impressive performances. I would suggest that at a minimum, 2/3 rookie of the year candidates should come from the blizzard. That being said, such a heavy reliance on the youth movement has resulted in some inconsistencies on the ice as well as some lopsided defeats. The Amazing GM duo of boom and sota has resulted in some key additions, not least amongst them the self-deprecating powerplay monster Liam Slate. Combined with our fearless leader Kyle Sutton, and the selfless Kaapo Kampainen our offence is potent if top-heavy. Veteran leadership from the ageless Tony Pepperoni and the udderly dominant Julio Tokolosh have been invaluable in showing the rookies the ropes.
I don't think we need much movement, just time to hit our stride

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Prompt 2:

I wake up to another chilly day. I'm not used to the colder weather of Regina this time of year compared to my home in Portland.  After taking a few minutes to wake up, I look at the calendar.  That's when it dawns on me that we are 2/3rds through the season.  I've been enjoying my time up here, and been doing so well for the team, that time has flown by.  This last week or so we've been trying to catch Anaheim for that final playoff spot in our division. We are currently 6 points behind them, but with 2 games in hand. It's gonna be a tight race for that spot, and I know I'm doing my part in getting us there. With 15/39 points being on the powerplay, I'm trying my best to make the other team regret taking a penalty, especially since I have 15 points in 2 minutes and 13 seconds of power play time.  At this point, it's just doing my job as an assistant captain to make sure the locker room stays positive.  Whether or not we do get that playoff spot, I'm not sure, but I will be trying my darndest to get our team there.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]